Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend in Dallas

Just got back from a weekend in Dallas, where we celebrated my Mom's 65th birthday. It was a nice celebration with my brother and his wife and kids. The other amazing thing is that my Mom at 65 is starting a business. A friend of mine and my mom have applied for a patent for a medical garment that they invented together. It's pretty amazing that at 65 my mom is a patent applicant and the director of a corporation. I'm helping them with marketing their business. It's fun. Just goes to show you, you can reinvent yourself at any age.

While in Dallas, we ate at Salum on Cole street. It was delicious and the restaurant was teeming with Dallasites, all dressed up for Saturday dinner. It's been a long time since I've been to a restaurant where people actually dress up for dinner. I've missed that.

No comments: