Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2007! Officially, the YEAR of SARAH! Yes, I'm declaring it my year. This is the year that many of my dreams will come true. Which ones you ask? WELL, just stick around my friend and find out.

So, last night was a fun, low-key evening. Drove up to Del Mar to Charlotte's house to celebrate NYE with her. Her friend Andrew was there. He has plans to introduce me to two fellows. We shall see... Both in their 40s. Not so sure about that. Keeping an open mind though. So weird, I seriously almost panic'd last week when Skelly brought up introducing me to a guy. She had pictures so that may have made it more real. Right now it's all talk. We'll see how I react when I get closer to actually meeting one of these guys.

Anyway, after drinks and apps, we trotted off to Il Forniao at the Plaza and had a very nice enjoyable dinner. Our waitress was so cute and fun. Tricia. She was from Ohio, like Charlotte. Back in school to become an acupuncturist. She was sharing bad date stories with us. I totally should have gotten a photo of the three of us.

As we were leaving the plaza, we were (or rather Charlotte was) accosted by this guy Richard, who desperately wanted her number and to take her out. He had a friend with him Guy. From a distance, Guy looked ok. But upon closer inspection, you'd note, the white rumpled button down shirt with the buttons on the collar AND the cigarette burns on his face. At least that's what we thought they were. Perhaps they were just a really bad rash. He ended up following us out across the street and went with us to En Fuego. He was hammered. Very close and loud talker and very/too touchy feely for either one of us. I immediately turned off. Poor Charlotte hasn't mastered my shut up and eye contact avoidance techniques. Of course I've spent years shedding drunks, she is still young yet. The only thing is this guy totally was cramping our style. There was the cutest little hipster in his Amsterdam red zippy and little glasses. Boo. Would have loved to chat with him. He was giving me great eye contact.

Today, we went for a fantastic walk by the coast in Del Mar up the hill to the top of Torrey Pines. Another bitchin' day in San Diego.

Charlotte has offered to let me move in to her second bedroom. I'm about 75% convinced it's the thing to do. I just HATE to leave my condo, even if its for a year to save money. I'll be posting to Craigslist to see if anyone is interested.

No comments: