Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #1

Ok, today is Thursday Thirteen. In the blogoshpere that's where you make a list of 13 things that will help people learn more about you. I'm going to work on my list of 100 Things that Make Me Happy, which is on the right side bar under my list of 43 Things. A couple of you have expressed concern over me focusing on being happy. For the most part I am. Things are just tough right now. So here goes in particular order...

1. My condo: Owning my condo really makes me proud of myself and I love having my own space that I can change and update anyway I want.

2. My patio: I love my patioscaped patio. I love my lush green plants, and I love the lounge chair in the corner. In the summer time, I like to sit out there and read. One of my favorite places.

3. The color green: The color green makes me happy. I love that spring green of new growth on plants. Did you see the re-make of the movie Great Expectations? Well, the director, Alfonso Cuaron, used the color green in every scene. He said "green is the only color that speaks to me."

4. Stargazer Lillies: I love how bright they look in a vase. I love the intensity of their colors and fragrance. Cheery!

5. Hazelnut Coffee: I make the best coffee. It's delicious and I enjoy sitting at my desk, reading the news on the internet, listening to the planes fly by.

6. Giraffes: I really like giraffes. I know, silly. But thinking back to a recent trip to the zoo , I was so excited to see the giraffes and when we got there I was fascinated by them as I always am. They are so graceful, I love their long necks.

7. Dogs: I really want a dog. It would be so much fun to have a dog and take it to the dog beach and the dog park and have a companion during the weekends, which tend to be long. The girls in Dallas, highly encourage it. If I got a dog, I'd probably get a wired hair dacshund.

8. Chocolate & Peanut Butter ice cream: a simple pleasure. Ben & Jerry's just introduced this as a flavor. The original was Baskin & Robbins 31 Flavors.

9. Tap Dancing: I've been wanting to start tap dancing again. There is just something about making sound with your feet that I just love. I've been a huge fan of Fred Astair and Gene Kelly for as long as I can remember.

10. Ballroom Dancing: Recently, I've started ballroom dancing with some friends at Balboa Park Club on Sunday nights. It's so much fun. You work up a sweat. I always feel great when I walk out of there.

11. San Diego: I really love living in San Diego. Every thing is bright and shiny and green (for the most part). I love being near the water and seeing the mountains in the distance.

12. Living Downtown: It really makes me happy to live in an urban area. I can't imagine living out in Poway or Rancho Bernardo. Seems so far away from the action.

13. Mornings: I'm definitely a morning person. I'm much happier in the morning, optimistic and peaceful. I find in the afternoons and evenings is when I get down or grouchy. I enjoy watching the sun come up, a new day to start, filled with promise.

So, there are the first 13 Things That Make Me Happy. Working on my list of 100 as the following weeks come. It was hard coming up with those. Reminds me to focus on the simple pleasures of life. Cheers, Happy Thursday to you.

No comments: