Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Women Entrepreneurs

Just received an email from Business Week that focuses on women entrepreneurs. I'm taking it as a sign. I've been so jazzed about my current plans to focus on freelancing and my side business, I'm so happy to have something that allows me to be in control of my future. Instead of waiting for some company to offer me a job that will allow my life to move forward. I'm sick of being in limbo and I've just decided to take myself out and move myself forward.

Working for the figurative & literal Man will never allow me to gain the wealth or allow me the freedom and flexibility I so desire. I'll be picking up my business cards next week for my freelancing business and will start littering San Diego with them! And waiting on my side business logo to be developed. I'd love to get an email out to my friends and family announcing that on 3/1. I've figured out how much I need to charge and how many hours I need to bill a week and it's quite reasonable/doable! Anyway, plans are moving along nicely!

But back to the email from Business Week it featured several stories about women entrepreneurs who left the corporate world to start business. It also took me to a story about a program called "Make Mine a Million." The objective of the program is to help female entrepreneurs grow their business to the $1Million in revenue per year mark by 2010. Only a small percentage of small businesses post revenues exceeding $1Million per year. The whole series is very inspiring for me right now. Check it out for yourself!

As I've said many times before, it only takes one idea!

2 comments:

Scooter said...

While you're on the topic of networking, it appears Technorati is showing a fraction of the links you should have. Perhaps you should check.

Kara said...

I hope it all goes well for you! Women entrepreneurs are making a huge difference in the marketplace. Good luck!