Monday, January 08, 2007

Job Search Update

So, I made some calls today and heard from two companies that either the position had been filled or would not be filled for three months or so.

Checked Monster and there were very little in the way of new opportunities. Called all the other outstanding opportunities as well. Hopefully more will pop up this week.

Planning on attending a job fair on Wednesday, I think a number of pharmaceutical companies will be at this one, so I will go to see about that.

Did some research on making money on the internet. I found a great blog called 2 Nickels Making a Dollar, written by a woman, who has a full-time job, is a mom and a wife, runs a business, blogs and is doing some other stuff on the internet to make money. Will probably give that a try.

Got to her site through today's Carnival of Personal Finance. Check it out. There is a personal finance story for everyone.

As far as my list of 43 Things, don't feel like I've made a ton of progress on anything during the first 8 days of the year. I'm a bit stressed to tell you the truth. Money is increasingly tighter and I'm sleeping less and feeling anxious more.

Well, hopefully something exciting will happen tomorrow. I have lunch with a friend, so that will get me out of the house for a bit.

No comments: