Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend Fun

So had a really fun time Friday and Sunday. Spent those both with the Fabulous Bakers! Friday night after a great meal of catching up since hadn't seen them since Thursday before Christmas, we all hung out for a bit at their house and then decided to go bowling. As Chris is in the Navy, we went to the base bowling alley. As I've never been on a military base, I wasn't sure what to expect, but to me, it looks just like a college campus, with dormitories and classrooms and activity centers and dining rooms and restaurants.

Our evening of fun included three rounds (rounds, is it a round?) of bowling. As usual, I started off strong, and then my weak little girl arms gave out after throwing a 7 lb. (yes, that's heavy to me) bowling ball with all my might down the lane. I think the last "round" a scored a 52. Chris won two and Larissa won one.

But it was so much fun. They were playing some great music, we were all dancing around. It was the first time in a while that I really felt carefree. That may have been the beer. But it was also the first time in a long time that I've had a drink and not ended up bawling my eyes out. I realized on Sunday morning that I've not had a vacation since April. Sure I've gone to Dallas and a road trip with my Dad, but I've not really escaped my thoughts and been carefree for a long time now. It takes a toll on your psych to have such heavy thoughts on your mind all the time. Especially, when your friends won't let you escape from your problems at times. I appreciate the Baker's letting me have fun! Anyway, Friday night was fun. Definitely on the "Do That Again" list.

Sunday, was fun as well. Hanging out with the Bakers, watching the Chargers game. The outcome of the game itself was not fun, but great to be with people and not have to explain or discuss every decision that is on my mind. A little escapism never hurt anyone.

I'm going to plan some escapism for this Friday as well. Maybe a trip to the museum or the park. I'd love to spend a day at Disneyland, as I've not been since I was eight! Perhaps soon.

No comments: